Course Number: MUEN 1120/5020
Rehearsal Schedule: TR 12:30-1:45PM
Director: Jann Cosart, DM
The Baylor Early Music Ensembles, under the direction of Dr. Jann Cosart, perform music from the Medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque Eras. Cultural contexts and historical performance practices are explored in the rich musical repertoires of our past.
Early masterpieces are transformed into living music, opening connections to former times and faraway places. Students breathe new life into old music; gaining chamber music experience, refining musicianship skills, and exploring improvisation techniques.
Previous programs include:
- Celestial Visions: Antiphons and Hymns of Hildegard von Bingen
- Fair Britain Isle: Early English Music
- Canzoni per Sonare: Instrumental Music of Girolamo Frescobaldi
- Balletti: 16th Century Dances
- Music of Late Renaissance Italy
- Music from the Time of St. Francis
- Meditations for Holy Week: Renaissance music by Tallis and Byrd
- Early Music America - All types of resources including concert schedules, publications, festivals, and workshops.
- Early Music Network
- The American Recorder Society
- The Historic Brass Society
- The Historical Harp Society
- The Lute Society of America
- The Viola da Gamba Society of America
Early Music on the Radio
- The Gregorian chant home page
- CANTUS: Database of Liturgical Office chants
- Thesaurus Musicarum Latinarum: Database of Medieval and Renaissance music theory