for Incoming Students
Undergraduate and graduate (master's) incoming students will find important information on this page. We're thrilled you chose Baylor!
- ASAP: Download Navigate App and Complete Foundations
- ASAP: Complete Admissions Checklist
- Before Advising:
- Register for New Student Orientation and Baylor Line Camp
- Take care of registration holds in BearWeb
- If possible, send in final high school/dual credit/AP test scores to Registrar’s Office
- Fill out this piano placement form
- Take Music Theory and Piano Placement Exams
- Complete New Student Questionnaire in your GoBaylor account to determine if you are required to take any other placement exams such as:
- Familiarize yourself with your degree plan so that you can bring any questions you may have to your advising appointment
- Starting May 22nd: Schedule your advising appointment
- Transfers: Your advisor will reach out via email to schedule your appointment over the summer.
- Freshmen: You will receive notification via email to schedule your advising appointment. Freshmen advising begins May 30.
When scheduling your advising appointment, please make sure that it does not overlap with your in-person Orientation and Baylor Line Camp experience.
Once you have been advised, confirm your attendance in BearWeb by going to Student Financial Services > Student Account > Confirm Attendance. If you do not owe a balance, you must still confirm your attendance.
- You will receive a letter via e-mail from the graduate program of the School of Music after April 15 containing important additional information related to your specific situation. Please be watching for it.
- Unless the Graduate School has received an official final transcript showing degree completion you will not be able to register for classes at Baylor.
- Incoming graduate students need to plan to arrive on campus at least a week before classes begin in order to be here for mandatory Diagnostic Exams in music history and music theory which take place on Monday.
- Advising for the fall semester will be conducted online via Zoom during the latter half of May and throughout June. Contact the Associate Dean for Graduate Studies to set up an advising appointment. You must complete registration and pay fees before the first day of classes to avoid cancellation of your schedule and the resulting late registration fees.
- The Graduate School has a webpage for incoming graduate students that is very informative. It will give you the information necessary to get your Bear ID (FirstName_LastName) and Baylor ID (9-digit student number) set up and activated. You may do this online before arrival on campus. (Your Baylor ID number was assigned when you applied through GoBaylor.)
- Immigration tasks for incoming international students to complete
- Graduate Music History and Literature Diagnostic Exam Guide
- Graduate Music Theory Diagnostic Exam Info