October 8, 2022
Each year Baylor University hosts the Schmidt Vocal Competition for talented High School singers. This one-day competition is held annually in 16 locations around the country. Students perform in front of a live audience in two rounds and participate in educational master classes with some of today’s most renowned professionals between the preliminary and finalist rounds. Jamie Van Eyck has been tapped as an adjudicator and Master Class Clinician for this year’s competition. Not only do singers have the opportunity to showcase their talent and win cash awards, but should they place among the top three singers, they may be eligible for a $4,000 matching scholarship to attend Baylor University as well as other scholarship opportunities.
Considering Baylor? Don’t miss this opportunity!
Register today for the Schmidt Vocal Competition being hosted by Baylor University on Saturday, October 8, 2021. Deadline to apply is September 17, 2022.
More about Schmidt Vocal Competition
This is a great opportunity for students interested in pursuing a career in music to showcase their talent and learn more about Baylor’s vocal programs and faculty. Limited to 30 competitors, this annual competition attracts talented vocal students from around the region and offers over $6,500 in cash awards at this event.
- The Schmidt Vocal Competition is held annually in 16 locations throughout the U.S. in partnership with regional colleges and universities.
- It is open to sophomore, junior, and senior high school singers.
- Participants must apply to compete by the application deadline, which is three weeks before each competition date.
- Competitors perform on stage in front of a live audience in two rounds.
- Competitors participate in educational master classes with some of today’s most renowned professionals between the preliminary and finalist rounds.
- Cash prizes totaling over $6,000 are awarded to winners and finalists
- First, second, and third place winners who choose to attend Baylor are eligible to receive a $4,000 matching scholarship ($1,000 over 4 years).
- First, second, and third place winners are invited to compete in the first ever Schmidt Vocal Competition: High School Nationals in Sarasota FL from June 3-5, 2022.
Don’t miss this opportunity to participate and see some of the Baylor faculty in action during the Master Class.
Good luck! We hope you will consider joining us at Baylor University to continue your music education.